Down-Home American Goodness… With Leather Trim!
Amazing… it’s with a huge smile on my face that I announce that Gretsch has finally, finally, re-released their full-on Country Western classic, the G6130 Roundup – with decorative leather trim and all! (see inset)
Ok, if you’re a shredder you probably think this guitar looks beyond absurd, but for us lovers of “twangy” music and old-school Americana, well, the G6130 is a breath of fresh air.
In fact, this thing looks like a twang-lover’s dream. I shudder to think what it’s going to cost. According to Gretsch the new G6130 Roundup is absolutely loaded with goodies, including a real gold-plated Bigsby (talk about bling!,) a big ranchero-styled Gretsch ‘G’ branded on the top, and at least one contemporary feature that should make serious string-benders smile – Grover Sta-Tite tuners.
Hehe, it’s even got retro-western fingerboard inlays that sport engraved cactuses, fences, and steerheads. Now, while it’s no secret that I’m a massive Gretsch fan, this beauty just pushes things to a whole new level. I need one of these…now.
The Gretsch G6130 Roundup Features–
- Laminated Maple Top With Gretsch ‘G’ Branding
- Semi-Hollow Mahogany Body
- Mahogany Neck
- 24.6“ Scale-Length
- Rosewood Fretboard With 22 Frets
- Vintage Engraved Inlays (Western Motif)
- Two DynaSonic Single-Coils
- Individual Pickup Volume Controls
- Master Volume & Tone Controls
- 3-Way Pickup Switching
- Western Leather Trim
- Gold-Plated Hardware, Including:
- Grover Sta-Tite Machine Heads
- Gretsch Synchro-Sonic Bridge
- And An Authentic Bigsby Tailpiece
Of course, Gretsch wouldn’t send you home with some modern case would they? Heck no, they’re apparently throwing in a Premium Western case to keep your G6130 Roundup in tip-top shape. Wish I had a photo of that!