The Wait Is Over!
This morning Arobas Music announced the release of Guitar Pro 5 for Mac OS X – a Mac-native version of their popular guitar workshop software. This is super-cool! I’ve been waiting oh-so patiently for this release.
We’ll have an in-depth review sometime in the next few weeks, but in the mean time here are a few of Guitar Pro 5’s features–
- Write entire scores for guitar or bass, with input via MIDI, or through the easy to use interface.
- Write and edit in standard notation or tablature mode.
- Listen to your scores – including up to 256 tracks – in hi-quality sound.
- Print out professional quality scores in different views for different band members.
- A full Guitar Workshop right on your computer.
- Chord Finder gives you quick diagrams of all chords, in all positions – even the most obscure.
- Scale tool displays a vast array of scales: shows notes right on the simulated fretboard, or keyboard.
- Includes a digital tuner and metronome.
- Import & export ASCII Tabs, and covert ASCII files to tablature and notation.
- Export Guitar Pro 5 files to WAVE format so you can burn to CD.
Guitar Pro 5 is available for both Windows & Mac OS X, and will set you back just $59, which seems like a steal if you’re writing songs, notation, or even just exploring music theory on the guitar – something most guitarist are infamously unfamiliar with…