I was sitting around this morning feeling annoyed by the general lack of good guitar news, when I was pleasantly surprised to find that I’d been tagged by IG as part of the Eight Random Things About Me meme that is going around.
So in following the rules of this little game of “online tag,” it is now my sworn duty to post eight random things about myself… hmmmm, should be fun 🙂 I also get to pick eight more bloggers to tag, and hopefully they will in turn keep the tag-ball rolling.
OK, so let’s get down to business:
1. I once discovered a wild and ferocious Leopard Dog while exploring the jungle-laden volcanos of a remote Indonesian Isle. If it weren’t for my quick thinking (and the spare Milk Bone I keep tucked in my hiking boots,) our entire party would have surely been lost.
2. My aunts Cynthia & Kay were the Bell Sisters, who in 1952 hit the big time when their original composition “Bermuda” reached #7 on the Billboard charts and eventually sold over 1,000,000 copies.
The Bell Sisters went on to perform with the likes of Nat King Cole, Bing Crosby, Bob Hope, Liberace, and Spike Jones, and in 1953 traveled to Korea with the USO to perform for our troops. They also appeared in three different motion pictures––”Those Redheads from Seattle” (Paramount,) “Les Brown Goes to Town” (Universal,) and “Cruisin’ Down the River” (Columbia.)
Before the end of their career they would enjoy two more true hits, with the songs “Wheel of Fortune,” which reached Billboard’s #10 spot, and “Hambone,” which made it to #19.
3. I was born two years after the infamous Summer of Love, and six years before the horrendous Fall of Saigon.
4. When I was a kid the Sleestacks scared the hell out of me.
6. I used to study Buddhism with an exiled Tibetan Monk who had a dangerous motorcycle fetish.
7. A girlfriend once told me that I laugh too much… WTF?!
8. I married the most beautiful woman in the world, and lived happily ever after.
OK, your turn. I’m tagging a few bloggers:
James at Retro Thing
Lori at Play Like A Girl
Tyler at IntellectualMusician
Don at BloggingMuses
G L at Guitarz
Matt at Guitar Stuff
Mike at Musicians BlogNet
And just about anybody at Twangville