This great find comes courtesy of one of our Tube Freaks Guitar Forum members, Gibzenerfender, who managed to show off his staggering Ninja skills by digging up a page from an online music retailer (screen shot here) revealing full specs and photos of the next ten Guitar Of The Week instruments from Gibson.
Of course, I have no way of knowing whether any of Gibson’s online guitar vendors were under non-disclosure orders on these new models, but since Gibson has made a bit of a big deal out of announcing a new one each week on their website, I’d guess that this was a definite slip-up.
Check ’em out…
- #27 – Les Paul Classic with Antique Mahogany Top & Faded Cherry Finish.
- #28 – Les Paul Classic Custom with 2 P-90s and Antique Ebony Finish.
- #29 – Reverse Flying V in Trans Amber Finish
- #30 – SG Special with 3 single coil blade pickups and Ebony Finish
- #31 – Flying V with Carbon fiber pickguard and Ebony Finish
- #32 – SG Special with EMG’s and Ebony Finish
- #33 – Les Paul Classic Vintage Sunburst in Antique Mahogany, with Top Scroll Logo
- #34 – Les Paul Std. 50’s neck in Antique Vintage Sunburst
- #35 – SG ’61 Reissue in Antique Satin Walnut Finish
- #36 – And the previously leaked X-Plorer New Century with Carbon Fiber Pickguard
There are a few beauties here, including two LPs––the Les Paul Classic in Antique Mahogany, and the Les Paul Classic Vintage Sunburst––and of course that Reverse Flying V is one of the stranger looking instruments I’ve seen coming out of Gibson, or anywhere else for that matter.
For the more interesting of these guitars I will continue to post announcements with full specs, photos, and descriptions. Good find Gibzenerfender!