With Summer NAMM 2007 right around the corner it would seem prudent to build an index page for all the late-breaking guitar & gear announcements.
Bookmark us now, and you’ll have quick and easy access to the latest NAMM info as it becomes available. Here’s to a great Summer Show!
Pre-Show Announcements, Leaks & Other Fun Stuff
- Fender yesterday unveiled the new J Masic Jazzmaster, in honor of Dinosaur Jr. frontman J. Mascis… purple and sparkly––what’s not to love?
- Fender also introduced a rather badass Tele finished in flat white and outfitted with active EMG humbuckers––the Jim Root Telecaster––in conjunction with Slipknot guitarist Jim Root.
New Guitars & Gear From The Showroom Floor
- Gretsch today released two new beautiful instruments––the upgraded G6134T-LTV White Penguin, and the 100CE & G100CEBK Synchromatic Acoustic Electric Archtop models.
- Squier has announced their latest Artist Model guitar, the Avril Lavigne Telecaster. Actually, a fairly unique instrument, including a checkerboard pickguard, and single topless humbucker.
- Ibanez busted out with a number of new guitars at NAMM today, but most interesting to this reader was the introduction of the insanely green Ibanez RGR320EX––a shred-head’s dream, built for speed, aggression, and seriously over the top looks.
- Ibanez released three new hollowbody archtops at NAMM––perhaps the nicest of the bunch being the Artcore Custom AF105SM.
- The other two releases from Ibanez were the Artcore AS73B and Artcore Custom AS103BM, a par of semi-acoustic double-cutaway models.